Success is often achieved by those who don't know failure is inevitable
- Coco Chanel
Follow your instincts & do not let other people's opinion of yourself become your opinion of yourself
- Sarah Jessica Parker
The advantage of fashion is that there is no racism
- Karl Lagerfeld
Fashion is not beautiful, neither is it ugly. Why should it be either? Fashion is Fashion
- Anna Wintour
You look at Katharine Hepburn and her pants suits, you look at Grace Kelly and her incredibly feminine gowns that look like a princess, very fittingly. I look to women like that because I always look for style and not trends. They are two very different things
- Blake Lively
Nothing's impossible; the word itself say's "I'm Possible"
- Audrey Hepburn
Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world
The most important
thing to remember is that you can wear all the greatest clothes and all the
greatest shoes, but you've got to have a good spirit inside. That's what's
really going to make you look like you're ready to rock the world
Happiness is the secret to all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without happiness
Style is wearing an evening dress to McDonald's, wearing heels to play football. It is personality, confidence & seduction
Everyone seems to be on a new trend to be eco-conscience. It’s easy to be
deceived by labels that are “green-washed” and think you’re doing your best to
be eco-friendly. So, here are 10 tips to help stay eco-chic.
1.Don’t dry clean or use a dryer to dry your clothes. Let
your clothes get some fresh air outside and just hang them to dry.
2.Shop at thrift shops like Cabaret Vintage &
Preloved in Toronto. It’s true what they say, ‘one woman’s junk is another
woman’s treasure’. I feel that way about this adorable clutch from Preloved.
3.Find new uses for your old clothing. I knew one girl
who made her jeans into a purse. It was pretty amazing.
4.Try renting clothes. I know we all love to shop for the
perfect dress to wear to a wedding, but seriously none of us wear it more than
once. So, save yourself the trouble & check out: http://rentfrockrepeat.com/
5.Buy recycled clothes
6. Buy clothing that have anti-microbal properties like hemp or bamboo.
7. Buy clothes that have been dyed naturally. Don't believe the myth that the colours don't come out as vivid because naturally dyed garments have a nicer colour to them in fact. They have a wide selection at www.bluecanoe.com
Remember the key to sustainability is diversity, so everything in the fashion industry has a good & a bad to it. Just remember there's more than one way to be sustainable so always try several methods to keep balance.
Here is a tribute to one of the best Canadian model's. She believes that pictures especially editorials of models should not be photoshopped to promote better health and self-esteem. She has done a "Photoshop-Free" Campaign to promote this great cause.
The colour of the year is emerald. With the Wizard of Oz and Emerald City inspiring us, this ravishing colour is tricky to insert to your wardrobe, however I've made a list of the must have's for emerald looks that can easily be incorporated into your wardrobe.
1. Emerald eyes- Check out Sephora because they have the best colour palettes that can help add a little sparkle to your eyes.
2. Emerald Pants- Joe Fresh has a beautiful pair of emerald pants. Pair this soft colour with a soft neutral or complimentary colour like white, black, beige or pink.
3. Emerald Nails- A subtle way to add some emerald to your wardrobe is just paint it on and you can always mix it up by just doing the tips of your nails or two-tone nails. My favourite brands are Nails Inc. and Sephora brand.
4. Emerald Earrings- These beautiful earrings from Ardene's can add a little jazz to any simple outfit. The teardrop shape makes it ideal to wear from a day to night look.
5. Emerald Ring- A beautiful emerald ring can make even the most modest woman flash her hand everywhere to get attention to her ring.
6. Emerald Shoes- I personally think that Dorothy should have worn Emerald Green slippers instead of Ruby Red, any girl will feel like the centre of the universe with these shoes.
Now I know we all love Emerald and it's the must have colour, just make sure not to go dye your hair Emerald but learn to play with this eloquent colour to make any look dazzling.
I just wanted to introduce myself and let my readers learn about me. So I'll start off by telling you 10 things about myself. 1. My name is Amanpreet or Aman for short, I prefer being called Aman. 2. I'm from India and have travelled back to India 16 times. I know it's a lot! 3. I love Fashion and everything to do with Fashion whether it be magazines, thrift shops, vintage, photography, movies or clothes. 4. My favourite brands are Dior and Gucci. I'm also becoming a fan of Naeem Khan. I think all the creative directors/designers have a unique eye for fashion and I love it. 5. My favourite movie is Varsity Blues, Coco Chanel, The Devil Wears Prada and all the Batman movies. (Whats not to love about Christian Bale) 6. The thing I fear the most is the inhumanity in this world. 7. The best food in the world, according to me, is hakka chinese food or sushi. 8. I listen to indie/rock music like the Arctic Monkeys, Metric and the Yeah Yeah Yeahz. 9. I'm currently addicted to "How I met your mother", dark chocolate and Batman accessories. 10. I'm a leo and proud of it!